Notes from caffeineville

One small voice in a hill of beans

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Did you ever have an object that you loved too much?


Well this is mine.

My beloved Leica M4 P, a two-pound workhorse of a camera that is practically my other set of eyes. This camera sees the world exactly the way I see the world.

I just posted her on eBay. It's time to let go.

Word of the Day:

Sacrifice n.
1. the offering of animal, plant, or human life or of some object to a deity, as in propitiation of homage. 2. the person, animal or thing so offered. 3. the surrender or destruction of something valued for the sake of something having a higher or more pressing claim. 4. something so surrendered or lost. 5. a loss incurred in selling something below it's value.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

So, selling this camera is your sacrifice on the ocassion of the summer solstice?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

Oh my. I remember when you got it. Is there no way you can jam a digital chip on the back and keep shooting? Still, $889 is a pretty good bid for dieing technology (film).

12:58 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

Wow. It hurts ME to see you give that up. Hopefully someone else will love that window on the world as much as you.

6:16 PM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

She sold for $1,404.00
I'll put that in my future business account. THAT'S what the sacrifice was for.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

That is awesome, as sad things go.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home