Notes from caffeineville

One small voice in a hill of beans

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Frustrated



Sometimes being a woman sucks, I'm in a crappy fucking mood today - sad, tired, and angry. What is really bothering me, though, is that I can't trust my own emotions. Am I really angry, tired and sad - or am I "just" PMS-ing. Do hormonal fluctuations negate actual emotions, or intensify them? Most days shit just rolls off my back, but not today.

Nothing makes me more mad than someone you are arguing with using PMS as an excuse, as in "you aren't really mad at me for crashing the car, you're just PMS-ing" No, mother fucker, I'm really mad at you for crashing the car! (fictional example)

Someone this week has been making me feel very crappy about myself - that I'm lazy, ungrateful, spoiled and selfish. I'm upset that this person feels this way, and I'm upset that they are getting to me and I'm beginning to agree with them. Nothing is more frustrating than questioning your self-worth along with your emotional stability. Let me add weak to my list - weak, sad, tired and angry (and possibly hormonal).

pooh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Tell whoever this is that I know you, and you are none of those things.

Stop working so hard. Take some time off for yourself.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Wicked Goodz said...

I have to say that none of those words are any that I would ever use to describe you, and I've known you since we were 12.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to explain that to this delusional person... in my own subtle and gentle way.

11:22 AM  
Blogger coffeesnob said...

Thanks guys. It means a great deal to me to hear you be so reassuring.

Kev, the reason I am (allegedly) all of those things is because I want some time off, or rather because I DON'T want to work 6 or 7 days per week. I must have "issues" that need resolving.

What I really want to do right now is skip town.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

Where I work all full-timers must work 6 days per week. This is so unhealthy it makes me want to scream. I would rather work three 13 hour days than six 6 hour days. One MUST be away from the work place at LEAST two days per week to keep one's sanity.

P.S. My mother is an employment lawyer. The pressure at your workplace to not take vacation, work long hours and not take breaks is illegal. I encourage you to talk to her. Seriously. Really, really illegal. When I told her about some of the policies there she was flabergasted. And where it is not illegal, making you feel like shit for wanting vacation/5-day-work-week is morally reprehensible. I am disappointed in your employers and boss.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Dean ASC said...

I said it before and I'll say it again. Don't worry, you're not half the Republican I am. That should make you feel better.

10:39 PM  
Blogger American Interior Monologue said...

I love the "passive-aggressive" management style. Haven't any of these people ever heard of Kaizen. Oh, wait, that's used in that more advanced dimension. Well, sorry your boss is a SICK Brainfucker!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home