Notes from caffeineville

One small voice in a hill of beans

Friday, September 01, 2006

Be Honest

Hello Friends, Strangers, Countrypersons,

I am really, seriously thinking about opening my own restaurant. Not today, not tomorrow - but someday soon. Nothing big, mind you - something intimate that speaks to quality and local, seasonal ingredients paired with lots of caffeine. Think upscale diner meets coffee house - then add nostalgia, my crazy sense of humor and community involvement. Think Raspberry Lime Rickeys, Iced Americanos, Pannini sandwiches and clam chowder. (plus compost and recycling.)

I figure it will be seasonal; longer hours in the summer - shorter in the winter and closed for a couple of weeks during the grimmest of seasons, say...February or March.
closed on all the holidays where we can't make any money. Treat the staff well, just like I'd want them to treat the customers.

I'm lookin' at this as a Mom & Pop operation with a few key employees to help us during the busy times - plus some teenagers as summer help. Maybe some soft-serve ice cream.

What do you think? Could I pull it off?

3 Comments:

Blogger Dean ASC said...

Hmmm... I don't get paid during the summer time.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

You're the only person I know personally who could do this.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Wicked Goodz said...

I doubt there's any of us who think you can't do this. If you can do it, give it a try. Even if it doesn't work out, at least you went for it.
The one thing we know Chris's brother (the successful C.E.O.) is envious of Chris for is the fact he had his own business for a while.

So, go for it! You know we'll be happy to help out any way we can.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home